30 Bold and Not-So-Bold Predictions 2015-16
- Russell Westbrook will record 8 triple-doubles in the regular season
- Kevin Durant will record 2 triple-doubles in the regular season
- But, Kevin Durant will set a career-high in assists per game with 17
- Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will both record triple-doubles in the same game for the first time in their careers
- The Thunder’s longest winning streak will be 11 games
- One of the wins during said streak will be the Thunder’s sole visit to Washington, where KD & Co. will win handily. Take that.
- In Perk’s return to the Peake on 11/18, he will be showered with love.
- But Reggie Jackson’s return to OKC on 11/27, the boo’s will outweigh the applause.
- OKC will win by at least 20 points and will hold Reggie to below 20 points.
- Anthony Morrow will average less than 18 minutes per game.
- WAY OUT THERE PREDICTION: Thunder will trade Steve Novak to the Nuggets for Jameer Nelson at some point before the deadline. D.J. Augustin may or may not be included in this deal.
- Dion Waiters will receive at least 5 DNPs (Coach’s Decision) over the course of the season.
- Thunder will enter the All-Star Break with a 43-11 record.
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant will both be All-Star Game Starters.
- Ibaka won’t initially be voted in, but he’ll serve as a replacement, earning his first All-Star selection.
- Kevin Durant will compete for the 3 Point Contest at All-Star Weekend, but sadly, he won’t win it.
- But he will win his 2nd All-Star Game MVP.
- Ibaka will set a career-high for points in a game with 35.
- KD will score less than 10 points in a game for the first time since 2009.
- And he won’t record a single 50-point game, but he’ll get at least eight 40-point games.
- Andre Roberson will shoot a total of 50 airballs over the course of the season.
- Enes Kanter will come off the bench, but he’ll still lead the Thunder in rebounding.
- Russell Westbrook will lead the NBA in assists per game, averaging over 10.
- Serge Ibaka will lead the Thunder in 3-point percentage, over sharpshooting Anthony Morrow.
- Thunder will finish the season 59-23, good for 2nd place in the West.
- Both Russ and Serge will make the NBA Second Team All-Defense.
- And both Russ and KD will be First Team All-NBA selections.
- Thunder will draw Memphis in the first round of the Playoffs (big surprise), and they’ll handle them easily, 4-1.
- Thunder will win a Game 7 at Golden State in the Western Conference Finals to advance to the Finals.
- Thunder will win the NBA Championship.
Yes, he recorded 11 last year, but I think the number goes down because, quite frankly, he’s going to be sitting more 4th quarters this season. Although I’m not entirely sure Russell Westbrook needs four quarters to post a trip-dub.
Gah, he sucks!
With all the guys on this team that can score, there’s going to be a lot of games where KD can just sit back and make plays. I expect him to have a couple of these types of games.
This will boggle fans. As it should.
Just trust me. (or don’t, probably)